Campagnolo Super Record DB Hydraulic Disc Brake – Ergopower + Caliper – Set FW – left / 2-speed
The Super Record 2×12-speed groupset is the highest expression of the prestigious Italian brand’s technology and evolution. It is meant for those who want to fit their bicycle with the best Campagnolo has to offer in terms of performance and distinction. The drive to improve what is already considered a reference point results in every single detail being tended to, including the most minute.
The Super Record components are both extremely lightweight and very sturdy. This groupset is the crowned jewel of Campagnolo’s innovation and the technologies, the materials and the expertise that the groupset is made with place it in a category apart.
Campagnolo Super Record DB Ergopower controls
More ergonomic, more precise, more powerful and easier to maintain
Comfort, control, speed and responsiveness are some of the main features of a bike’s controls, helping keep all situations under control. The Campagnolo Super Record 2×12-speed Ergopower controls for disc brakes offer an ergonomic, comfortable and safe support and grip thanks to Vari Cushion technology, essential for those who stay on the saddle for several hours.
The controls’ inner workings are a concentration of technology and experience, starting with the “One Lever, One Action” function, which assigns each lever a single function, helping avoid shifting errors at tired or distracting moments, and then continue with the multiple shifting option which allows up- or downshifting by up to 5 sprockets at a time thanks to the Ultra Shift mechanism. This function allows you to maintain cadence even in case of sudden changes of incline or rhythm, with speed and ease as useful as it is surprising.
Furthermore, the Ergopower controls offer lever adjustability that utilizes Reach Adjustment to move the brake lever closer to the low grip, thus adapting to the different hand sizes. AMS Adjustment allows modulating the moment of shift engagement through the use of dedicated levers. The brake levers are engineered with a double curvature for improved grip and are lightened with two slots that are added to the one dedicated to reach adjustment.
Highlights of the Super Record Ergopower brake/shift lever
- Vari-Cushion hoods provide comfortable, safe grip in any riding position
- One-Lever-One-Action and positive engagement for perfect gear changes every time
- shift up to 5 gears at once with the Ultra Shift mechanism
- select between two different brake power modulation settings with AMS Adjustment
- ergonomic adjustable reach to suit any hand or finger size
- material: composite (body), carbon (lever blade)
- weight: approx. 462 grams (pair, manufacturer’s specs)
Campagnolo Flat Mount caliper
Powerful, modulable and reliable.
The Campagnolo Flatmount disc brake calipers ensure powerful and modular braking in any situation owing to its phenolic resin pistons with 22 mm diameter. This lightweight material provides proper thermic isolation to guarantee constant braking performance even in the long term
To reach the highest level of performance, the construction of forged aluminium provides the necessary rigidity and stiffness. The piston’s return mechanism is optimised for a quick return of the pads to their position, cushioning the vibrations during braking and ensuring a total clearance between pad and disc of 0.4 to 0.8 mm without risk of accidental contact.
The caliper was also designed with accessibility in mind, keeping maintenance and assembly operations easy. Accordingly, the pads have wear indicators and replacing them is facilitated by the absence of physical return springs. Even the insertion of the disc into the caliper could be improved to make changing the wheel easier and faster.
Highlights of the hydraulic disc brake caliper
- construction of forged aluminium provides rigidity and stiffness
- phenolic resin pistons for constant braking performance
- improved brake pad return mechanism to cushion vibrations
- for 140 and 160 mm disc rotors (140 mm version for 82 kg max. rider weight)
- DB310 pads with unique organic compound and improved wear resistance in any condition
- material: aluminium (body), resin (pistons)
- weight: approx. 118 grams (140 mm caliper incl. brake pads, manufacturer’s specs)