Campagnolo Super Record EPS DB Hydraulic Disc Brake – Ergopower + Caliper – 2×12-speed – Set RW / right
The electronic Super Record groupset, considered the benchmark for performance and reliability, has the necessary qualifications with the 12-speed drivetrain system to maintain its historic role as the performance and quality reference for the most demanding cyclists.
In the Super Record EPS range, the extremely low weight and enormous reliability that already distinguish the mechanical models merge with the current state of electronic technology to create a drive system at a unique level of performance and functionality.
Campagnolo Super Record EPS DB Ergopower controls
E-Ergonomy – Form, functionality and full control over the drivetrain system
Form and functionality were central to the development of the Campagnolo Super Record EPS Disc Brake 2×12-speed brake/shift lever. With the aim of achieving ergonomics that are as efficient and effective as possible, the Campy Tech Lab carried out detailed studies. As a result, the revised brake lever and the positioning of the lever for downshifting provide the cyclist with an intuitive, practical and comfortable “control centre”.
In addition, the Super Record EPS DB Ergopower lever features the already proven AMS Adjustment technology (Adjustable Modulation System) for setting the desired braking force modulation and the Reach Adjustment function for determining the optimal distance between brake lever and handlebar.
The Multishifting technology, which offers the possibility of changing several sprockets with a single operation, is extended to the entire 12-speed cassette. Accordingly, with the MyCampy app, the entire Super Record EPS groupset can be adjusted to shift up to 11 sprockets up or down by a simple click.
The Multi-Dome Technology, developed also thanks to the close collaboration with professional athletes sponsored by Campagnolo, allows a perfect balance between actuation force and tactile feedback, making the application of force more perceptible at the moment of shifting. Because racers need to be able to “feel” the moment to actuate the rear derailleur or front derailleur.
The instrument that gives the athlete full control over the functions of the drivetrain system is the MODE button, which is located on both control units, left and right, immediately behind the downshift lever. By using it, the cyclist can check the battery charge level, make precise adjustments to the rear derailleur or front derailleur even while riding, and check all kinds of diagnostics.
Highlights of the Super Record Ergopower brake/shift lever
- One-Lever-One-Action and positive engagement for perfect gear changes every time
- shifting of up to 11 sprockets with just one click thanks to Multishift function
- compatible with the MyCampy app to customise the entire Super Record EPS groupset
- select between two different brake power modulation settings with AMS Adjustment
- Multi-Dome Technology for a clear perception of the moment of shifting
- ergonomic adjustable reach to suit any hand or finger size
- material: composite (body), carbon (lever blade)
- weight: approx. 381 grams (pair, manufacturer’s specs)
Campagnolo Flat Mount caliper
Powerful, modulable and reliable.
The Campagnolo Flatmount disc brake calipers ensure powerful and modular braking in any situation owing to its phenolic resin pistons with 22 mm diameter. This lightweight material provides proper thermic isolation to guarantee constant braking performance even in the long term
To reach the highest level of performance, the construction of forged aluminium provides the necessary rigidity and stiffness. The piston’s return mechanism is optimised for a quick return of the pads to their position, cushioning the vibrations during braking and ensuring a total clearance between pad and disc of 0.4 to 0.8 mm without risk of accidental contact.
The caliper was also designed with accessibility in mind, keeping maintenance and assembly operations easy. Accordingly, the pads have wear indicators and replacing them is facilitated by the absence of physical return springs. Even the insertion of the disc into the caliper could be improved to make changing the wheel easier and faster.
Highlights of the hydraulic disc brake caliper
- construction of forged aluminium provides rigidity and stiffness
- phenolic resin pistons for constant braking performance
- improved brake pad return mechanism to cushion vibrations
- for 140 and 160 mm disc rotors (140 mm version for 82 kg max. rider weight)
- DB310 pads with unique organic compound and improved wear resistance in any condition
- material: aluminium (body), resin (pistons)
- weight: approx. 118 grams (140 mm caliper incl. brake pads, manufacturer’s specs)