The crankset is the heart of the new 1x Ekar system, with its optimised gearing ratios, sensitively spaced across a wide range.
Of course, the single chainring is simple to use – no front mech, significantly reduced weight, fewer moving parts to collect dirt or clog, and providing high chain security, with no wasteful gearing overlap – perfect for gravel riding and racing. The unidirectional carbon fiber cranks feature a strong, durable 630-grade steel alloy crank axle – following the maxim of smartly mating strength and light weight that is employed across the Ekar groupset. New ProTech™ technology joins the two semi-axles inside the bottom bracket, with a single, oversized bolt. Oversized stainless steel bearing sit on the crank, fixed on the semi-axles, for maximum smoothness and strength – and easily accessible for inspection and maintenance without the requirement to extract the cups.
There are four ring size options: Adventure has 38 teeth; Pure Gravel is 40T, Fast Gravel is 42T, and eGravel 44T. Their narrow-wide design provides efficient drive and maximum chain security. The light, strong 7075 aluminum rings are easily interchangeable – you can simply unbolt them from the four spider arms with no requirement for crank disassembly. The four arms, which are asymmetrically set for optimal spread of the torque load, feature a 123mm Bolt Circle Diameter. Swapping rings is an easy and efficient way to switch out your gearing as you tackle different types of riding. The Ekar crankset features four arm length options – 165, 170, 172.5 and 175mm – to suit riders of all sizes and styles. For some gravel bikes featuring low bottom bracket heights, shorter crank arms are a popular choice to avoid grounding on loose and unpredictable surfaces. A narrow 145.5mm Q-factor makes for a comfortable, efficient pedalling style, whatever your size. The UD carbon arms come with neat, removable protective end caps, to keep your components looking like new, whatever terrain you tackle.
- Lightweight, efficient, secure 1x Ekar system – perfect for gravel riding and racing
- 2-piece cranks: ultra-torque 630 steel axle & UD carbon arms – strong and lightweight
- 4 ring options – Adventure (38T); Pure Gravel (40T), Fast Gravel (42T), Gravel Race (44T)
- Narrow-wide tooth design – efficient drive & maximum chain security
- ProTech™ strong, efficient, self-aligning Hirth joint semi-axles
- Easy access to external crank bearings
- Easily interchangeable alloy rings – no need to disassemble crank
- 4 crank arm lengths – 165, 170, 172.5 and 175mm
- Narrow Q-factor – 145.5mm