The Ekar rear derailleur is designed using Campagnolo’s peerless experience and ingenuity which has been developed and honed over more than 80 years of innovation.
While the Ekar derailleur shares a heritage and research route with our Super Record and other systems, this all-new design has been created specifically for gravel, the dedicated 1x system and the 13-speed route that makes it so effective – underpinned by the use of a 9-tooth sprocket, enabling a full gearing range with short, evenly-spaced shifts and well maintained cadence levels. The choice of technology, materials and designs are made to match and exceed the unique demands of all-road and gravel performance – to combine quick, precise, reliable shifting with high chain security, light weight, durability and toughness in the all-road arena.
A single rear derailleur design with mid-length cage is compatible with the varying sprocket sizes on all three cassette gearing options, from 9-36 to 10-44, perfect for every gravel requirement. The parallelogram’s 2D trajectory is specifically designed for the Ekar 1x system, with a full change of precise mechanical movement to activate the 13 sprockets. Its pulley wheels with differentiated tooth-counts deliver optimum smooth chain running and high chain retention for security and peace of mind – whatever terrain you tackle. The clutch, permanently engaged for enhanced chain retention reliability and minimal operational noise, can be locked forward for easy wheel removal. There are more than 70 individual carefully designed and engineered parts in the Ekar derailleur alone. Carbon fiber-reinforced polyamide and anodised 7075 and 6082 alloys are skilfully combined in Ekar derailleur’s body and cage, for the best blend of strength, durability and light weight, for long-term reliable operation and withstanding the knocks, grit and dust of hardcore gravel riding, while stainless steel bolts are used for strength and long-term resilience in the toughest conditions.
- New design for 1×13-speed system – gravel-orientated performance & build
- 2D parallelogram trajectory – precise mechanical movement for 13 sprockets
- High grade polymer pulley wheels (12T upper, 14T lower) – smooth chain running & secure retention
- Carbon fiber-reinforced polyamide & anodised 7075 and 6082 alloys – for light weight, strength & durability
- Stainless steel bolts – for strength & long-term resilience on gravel
- Clutch lock – for easy wheel removal
- One derailleur fits all three cassette options – easy to switch for gearing changes